Chief Department on Cooperation with the Government, Local Authorities and Courts of Ukraine (hereinafter – the Department) is a permanent structural subdivision of the All-Ukrainian Supreme Legal Council, which establishes and regulates Organization’s relations with the government, local authorities and courts of Ukraine.
The Department is guided by the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, acts and orders of the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and relevant Section of the Regulation and by orders of the All-Ukrainian Supreme Legal Council.
Department has the following tasks:
- processing of applications of public authorities, local governments and their representatives;
- assistance of formation of unified state policy;
- send requests to public authorities, local governments to obtain advices, opinions or conclusions within their competence;
- participation in discussions on drafting laws and amendments to them;
- drafting and submission of laws;
- participation in meetings of committees, councils or state bodies’ departments, local governments;
- providing recommendations, comments and proposals to public authorities;
- monitoring and analysis of resolutions, decisions and conclusions of the courts of Ukraine concerning legal profession;
- getting information necessary to realize its aims and tasks from public authorities, administration and local governments.