Certificate of Good Standing is a legal proof of good repute of a specialist in the field of law. The decision to issue the certificate takes special Ethics Commission acting under supervision of the Registration Department at the All-Ukrainian Supreme Legal Council of Ukraine.
Certificate of Good Standing is issued by the All-Ukrainian Supreme Legal Council of Ukraine and is necessary for those who intend to continue to acquire legal training or exercise professional activities abroad.
Certificate of Good Standing certifies that its holder:
- is not recognized as guilty in unprofessional conduct or disciplinary offenses;
- is not under consideration in cases of disciplinary proceedings by the Ethics Commission of the AUSLC;
- was not brought to disciplinary responsibility, which following exclusion from the registry;
- was not recognized guilty of criminal acts, which may relate to a decision on the license;
- is not subject to review his competence or control.
Certificate of Good Standing issued only to those lawyers who were previously registered with the All-Ukrainian Supreme Legal Council of Ukraine, passed the procedure of documents verification!
Issuance of the Certificate of Good Standing involves paying an administrative fee. Upon request of a lawyer, it can be mailed to the foreign competent registration authority or to any other address. According to the rules of the AUSLC, the validity of the Certificate of Good Standing is limited to one year, but according to the rules of other registration bodies, the certificate becomes invalid after 3-6 months. In this case, the lawyer must submit a new application in the AUSLC for issuing the certificate. In order to apply for a Certificate of Good Standing, use our portal “E-services”. You can also contact us for more information.
Certificate of Good Standing is required to:
- registration in foreign countries for further employment;
- postgraduate education;
- membership in international organizations.