Registration Department is a structural subdivision of the All-Ukrainian Supreme Legal Council, which was created according to the internal Regulation of the Organization and in its activity is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, Laws of Ukraine, acts and orders of the President of Ukraine and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the relevant section of the Regulation and internal orders of the Head of the AUSLC.
Department have the following competencies:
- consideration of applications from individuals who wish to become members of the Organization;
- registration of practicing lawyers;
- registration of law students;
- maintaining of register of documents issued by the Organization;
- providing extracts from the register of lawyers in accordance with the Procedure of register maintenance;
- issuance of Conclusion of Integrity;
- issuance of Certificate of Good Standing;
- issuance of Experience Certificate.
Registration procedure in accordance with internal Regulation of the AUSLC:
- making records about the lawyer, who wishes to become a member of the AUSL;
- making records about the diploma or other qualification;
- obtaining consent to the processing of personal data;
- payment of entry fee;
- making decision to accept a person to members of the Organization;
Subdivisions of the Registration Department:
- Qualification Chamber of the AUSLC;
- Disciplinary Chamber of the AUSLC;
- Ethics Commission;
Qualification Chamber of the All-Ukrainian Supreme Legal Council is a specially created unit of the Department of Registration, which aims to test the legal education and professional training of lawyers, who wish to obtain a certificate (license) to legal practice.
Qualification Chamber deals with:
- Consideration of applications lawyers-members of the AUSLC on issue of certificates;
- Making decisions on certificates issue;
- Other issues related to the powers of the Qualification Chamber;
Disciplinary Chamber of the All-Ukrainian Supreme Legal Council is specially created structural subdivision, which operates under the Department of Registration and has the following tasks:
- Consideration of applications and complaints as to lawyers-members of the AUSLC;
- Making decision on issues of applying of disciplinary responsibility to lawyers-members of Organization;
- Making-decision about exclusions lawyers from the list of members of Organization;
- Other issues within the powers of the Disciplinary Chamber.
Ethics Commission is specially created unit, which operates under the Department of Registration with aim to ensure the formation and establishment of unified standards of ethical conduct for all lawyers by the cooperation with lawyers and their employers, with legal organizations, public authorities and judicial bodies.
Ethics Commission has the following tasks:
- protect the rights and dignity of lawyers;
- make decisions on issuing certificates;
- estimate behavior of lawyers-members for compliance with moral-ethical and legal standards;
- develop proposals and recommendations of rules for improving professional ethical conduct and legal entities of lawyers;
- formation of unified criterion for assessing ethical standards for lawyers;
- formation of common policy in the field of legal ethics;
- other issues within the powers of the Ethics Commission.